Assure, Believe, Convert

“Religions assure salvation; religions believe in a precise theology; and religions convert nonbelievers.” – Robert Langdon, The Lost Symbol



I’m not really a religious one but I do believe in God, heaven and hell, angels and demons etc. But if you’ll ask me now about bible and its verses, honestly I can’t answer that. But when I was young, I used to read my grandparents’ bible when I stay with them during weekends. I get the bible in their room and go to their “ownertype” jeepney to read some of its part. I’m not after the verses or good sayings but on their stories. And now that I’m old, I haven’t had the chance or time (or should I say; I don’t make time) reading my own bible. Yeah I know it is not good. Sabi nga nila, kailangan nating magbasa ng bible na kahit isang verse araw araw. But I’m very sure that I’m not the only one who’s not reading it. (Admit it!)


My mom and bro are members of PREX (Parishal Renewal Experience) for a long time. And I’m the only one (aside from dad) who’s not into it. Though sometimes, I want to experience they had during the seminar. I know after that, they felt the lightness in their heart. The great feeling of knowing….(what??). I just saw it in their eyes because they never told me what’s happening in the seminar. Basta pag uwi nila nakasmile sila hehehe. It is a very big SECRET daw! I only attended their so-called graduation after 2 days of “enlightment” (I guess.) And I am very proud of them. :)

Since I was born as a Roman Catholic, matanong ako to other religions. Matanong not in a way of comparing my religion to theirs. Kasi iba iba talaga sila. I met a lot of people who’s in INC (Iglesia ni Cristo), Saksi ni Jehovah (Jehovah’s Witnesses), Mormones, Dating Daan, etc. I enjoyed listening to their beliefs and POVs. Wala lang. Minsan nga lang nagkakaroon kami (lahat kami sama-sama sa trabaho) ng debate kasi iisa lang din naman ang sinusunod ng halos lahat ng religion, the holy bible. Pag may debate na, out na ko. Hehehe. ala talaga ako ibubuga pagdating sa bible.

Ang sa akin lang naman, kahit saang religion ka pa andun. RESPECT. Panget naman kung binabatikos mo yung paniniwala ng ibang religion diba? Like there is a program in Net25 ata yun. INC intrigues the DD beliefs. Natatawa na lang ako kasi pinapanood ni mami hehehe. I have nothing against INC, yun nga lang kanya kanya naman kasi tayong paniniwala. What’s the big deal? Mga DD members lang naman ang apektado sa mga paniniwala nila diba? *enough said*

Ako naman, masaya kung ano man ang mga paniniwala ko. Hangga’t andyan si Lord to give thanks, to ask for His forgiveness and ask for more blessings in life, I’m contented. Amen. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails